- 1-one/3 cups packed brown sugar
- two/three cup vegetable oil
- one large egg, area temperature, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-one/two cups all-purpose flour
- three/4 teaspoon salt
- one/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- one teaspoon baking soda
- one-1/two to two cups finely diced rhubarb, one/four-inch cuts
- one/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and oil blend in egg, vanilla and milk. Mix flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda include to moist elements. Stir in rhubarb and nuts. Transfer to two effectively-greased 8×4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Great for ten minutes prior to getting rid of from pans to wire racks.
It really is great, but not great to me. I consider I favor zucchini bread. Attempt the rhubarb custard bars on ToH they are to die for!
Produced according to recipe, but substituted sour milk (1c complete milk with a tablespoon of so of vinegar, allow stand 5 min , whilst putting together other elements). Utilized walnuts. It turned out genuinely nicely in a buttered glass eight?8, in which it barely match and essential foil cover for an additional ten minutes (fifty five total) to stop overbrowning. A far more shallow 8?eight may well not have worked. It is actually excellent, and I would truly feel assured bringing it to share. I give it 4 stars simply because it isn’t going to make us want to consume the total pan in a single sitting, and I will not believe people would clamor for the recipe. 🙂
It was truly great. I diminished the oil to 1/2 cup and substituted two cups of the flour for total wheat flour. It was still quite moist and light.
This is the most fantastic recipe! Sweet and moist with small bits of tartness from the rhubarb and crunch from the nuts. You request, “would I make this once more?” I will be generating it again tomorrow.
I followed guidelines but utilized margarine instead of oil. I allow it rest for the 10 mins. following baking and it came out of the pan okay, but significantly less the bottom one/4″. Quite a sorry seeking sight.
My husband and pals and I just loved this! It is so moist and the sweet-tart flavor is a real deal with!
adore this just the way it is!! I personally dont care for strawberries and rhubarb mixed. they are the two so excellent on their own.
Oh, and for the flour I employed one/two cup wheat flour and two cups regular flour. Wheat flour is excellent for fiber! And the bread turned out wonderful!