Recipe by: Chef John
- one tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces sweet bulk Italian sausage
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- one/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup dry elbow macaroni
- one/4 cup tomato paste
- three cups chicken broth, or a lot more as necessary, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- one/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- one/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups chopped Swiss chard
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained
- one/four cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus extra for serving, or to taste
- Include all substances to list
- Add all ingredients to checklist
- Heat oil in a skillet in excess of medium-large heat. Brown sausage whilst breaking it into tiny pieces, about five minutes. Minimize heat to medium. Include diced celery and chopped onion. Cook until onions are translucent, 4 to five minutes. Include dry pasta. Cook and stir two minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste till evenly distributed, 2 to three minutes. Include 3 cups broth. Increase heat to large and deliver to a simmer. Add salt, black pepper, pepper flakes, and oregano. When soup comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and let it simmer about five minutes, stirring typically. Examine soup consistency and include a lot more broth, if essential.
- Spot chopped chard in a bowl. Cover with cold water and rinse the leaves any grit will fall to the bottom of the bowl. Transfer chard to colander to drain briefly add to soup. Cook and stir till leaves wilt, 2 to three minutes.
- Stir in white beans carry on cooking and stirring until pasta is perfectly cooked, another four or 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in grated cheese. Serve topped with grated cheese, if desired.