By: Julie Clark Published: January six, 2016
This effortless baked ziti recipe is a layered Italian casserole full of noodles, ground beef and creamy cheese. It makes a large casserole and is wonderful for leftovers!
Baked Ziti Recipe
Sickness has hit our home. It’s wintertime, so following all, we need to count on it. I’m thanking God that it’s just runny noses and tiny coughs. That’s tolerable.
Wintertime implies sickness, but sickness means comfort foods. And today’s recipe is all about standard comfort foods in the kind of an effortless baked ziti casserole. Why do I enjoy this baked ziti recipe? This is one of my favourite Italian recipes due to the fact it is basic, makes a huge serving, and is ideal for sharing with household and close friends.
How to Make Baked Ziti
- Brown the ground beef and onions, then drain off the body fat.
- Cook the ziti noodles in accordance to the package deal instructions whilst the meat is browning.
- Include the spaghetti sauce to the ground beef.
- Spray a 913 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Layer half of the noodles, the provolone cheese, sour cream and half the sauce in the pan.
- Then leading with the remaining noodles and 6 ounces of mozzarella cheese.
- Finish with the sauce, parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes, or right up until the casserole is cooked through.
We like to place this casserole underneath the broiler (set on reduced) for two-three minutes so the cheese will get a minor browned and bubbly. This step is optional!
3 Cheese Baked Ziti
The blend of cheese involves provolone, parmesan and mozzarella. A triple-cheese-risk. With all of the cheese and sour cream, you end up with a creamy, cheesy casserole with a classic lasagna-type taste. Because I love pasta sauce, I usually finish up topping my portion with extra sauce. Just for that extra punch of slow-simmered taste.
This easy baked ziti easily serves 10-12 folks creating it a fantastic potluck casserole. Don’t have that numerous to serve? Split it into two smaller 88 pans and give a single away. Divide the remaining casserole into lunch portions and freeze for your hubby to get to function or children to take to school.
Freeze this Italian casserole to bake at an additional time. If you do this, allow the casserole to defrost in the fridge overnight. If you try out to bake it when it is fully frozen, it may possibly dry out. You can also freeze the casserole following it has been baked. Either way you decide to do it, just wrap it properly. numerous times in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.