- three/four cup butter, softened
- one cup sugar
- one big egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- two-one/four cups all-function flour
- two teaspoons ground ginger
- one teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/two teaspoon ground cloves
- one/four teaspoon salt
- Added sugar
- In a big bowl, cream butter and sugar right up until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Mix the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt slowly include to the creamed mixture and mix nicely.
- Roll into 1-1/two-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Spot two in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° until puffy and lightly browned, ten-twelve minutes. Take away to wire racks to awesome.
Test Kitchen Ideas
Outstanding recipe!! My husband loves cookies with ginger and molasses and these have been a enormous hit. I did not make any alterations to the recipe. Observe the cooking time closely. I took them out of the oven after 11 minutes. I was concerned they could not be totally done but they were best!! They’ve stayed wonderful and soft. Certainly added this to my favorite recipes.
So good! I desire more spice flavor so I add more ginger and cinnamon. Do observe the baking time, I try out to consider them out just ahead of they seem done, for that chewy, soft texture, after cooled and set. These are a traditional close to the holidays but they are also a great summer season picnic cookie, with a glass of lemonade!
Produced these for my two sons. They loved them and inquire me to make them for their offices. Now if I inquire them and my husband what type of cookies they want, it is always these. Their office mates even request them. Undoubtedly, a winner.
Significantly? Can only see the initial 4 ingredients due to the fact of a stupid ad!
How ridiculous. Your “sponsored ingredient” eggs place an ad you can not near in excess of half the components! So thanks for that, I would have loved to make these.
Received started producing this and recognized most the ingredients covered by an include
It would be wonderful to see the total recipe, not just butter eggs sugar and molasses.
Is there anything at all I need to do differently for high altitude? These had been great to start off but didn’t know if I need to alter the recipe for residing in Denver Colorado?
Oh my. This cookie was just what was essential on this cold rainy day. I was unexpectedly out of normal sugar and so utilized Demerara for the two the real cookie and for rolling. The cookies had that bit of crunch from the sugar and had been heavenly. I am not confident I will ever make them any other way now. Thank you.
Fantastic cookie for vacation tray. These smell and taste like Christmas. Dip halfway or drizzle some with melted white chocolate for further appeal when serving.