This submit may contain affiliate links. Please study my disclosure policy.
Cucumber Onion Salad helps make for a welcome adjust of speed from the classic iceberg lettuce tossed salad. At your following barbecue, your visitors will enjoy this crunchy salad with some delicious grilled chicken breasts and a side of Homemade Garlic Bread!
Crisp fresh cucumbers are tossed with sweet onion and fresh dill for an straightforward summer season favourite that is light and refreshing.
Easy Cucumber Onion Salad Salad
For as prolonged as I can bear in mind, we’ve served creamy cucumber salad at gatherings and get togethers. As much as I enjoy the creamy model, we do enjoy the sweet tart vinaigrette type dressing on this recipe! You can make it in no time flat from just a handful of simple elements, like sliced English cucumber, sweet onion, vinegar, fresh dill and seasonings.
Components for Cucumber Onion Salad
Any cukes will do the trick, but for greatest results, use English cucumbers ( also recognized as seedless, or European cucumbers). These are longer and thinner than salad or pickling cucumbers, and frequently come tightly wrapped in plastic. English cucumbers also have thinner skins and a sweeter taste then salad cucumbers, and the seeds are smaller.
If you are employing regular salad cucumbers, you will want to eliminate all or most of the peel and seeds, as these tend to be bitter and a bit hard. Several folks also dislike the wax coating that is used on grocery shop cucumbers to maintain the merchandise fresh longer. You’ll want to peel to get rid of this coating, or you can consider soaking the cucumber in vinegar for numerous minutes and wiping the surface clean.
- Rice vinegar is a good choice, it’s a minor sweeter and much less tangy than white or cider vinegar, and won’t discolor the cucumber or onion.
- Cider vinegar is a wonderful selection and adds a bit further taste and tang.
- White Balsamic is also a way to improve the complexity of the flavors. It pairs nicely with tomatoes so come to feel cost-free to toss a few in prior to serving and make it into a cucumber tomato salad.
Cucumber Onion Salad pairs nicely with spicy meats, this kind of as marinated chicken or lamb skewers or even Chicken Curry.
To Make Cucumber Onion Salad
Cucumber salad comes together so very easily. All you need is your salad bowl and a cutting board.
- Prep: Slice or chunk the cucumber and thinly slice the sweet onion.
- Dress: Combine all components in a huge mixing bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Marinate: Include the sliced or chunked cucumber and sliced sweet onion and toss to coat. Marinate for a couple of hrs prior to serving.
As soon as prepped cover and refrigerate for an hour or a lot more. This salad is very best served effectively chilled!
Cucumber salad can be produced in advance and will maintain nicely for a couple of days. They’re wonderful as a topper for burgers or sandwiches in area of pickles! The next time you require a basic, palate-cleansing side dish, cucumber dill salad is an easy alternative.