Creamed Chipped Beef is the greatest comfort meal. I remember my mother creating this for me when I was a child. Such fond recollections of beef in a lightly seasoned smooth cream sauce served over toasted sourdough or European complete grain.
This is one particular of my all time favored recipes. Did you take pleasure in this as a child? I don’t forget this was one of people comfort meals that my mother made for me frequently and sooner or later she taught me how to make it. It was not right up until I was an grownup that I realized that this deal with is most generally referred to as SOS gravy. I know what you are wondering. What does that acronym stand for? SOS stands for “shit on a shingle.” The shingle becoming the toast. Now my catholic Mother never advised me that. I am positive that she basically did not want me working about using that word.
Creamed Chipped Beef is not the healthiest of recipes but as lengthy as you make it sometimes I consider all will be okay. Following all a scrumptious nostalgic recipe that will take us back in time to a satisfied place can not be all bad.
What is Creamed Chipped Beef?
Creamed Chipped Beef is a dish comprised of chopped dried beef in a creamy luscious lightly seasoned white sauce. The cream sauce is typically a bchamel sauce which is produced from flour, butter and milk. It is usually served over toast but it is equally scrumptious above eggs and potatoes.
How to make Creamed Chipped Beef
I doesn’t get considerably less complicated that this. First chop your beef into bite size pieces and set aside. Subsequent melt your butter in a skillet over medium lower heat. Whisk in the flour. Continue cooking for about two to 3 minutes whisking constantly. Sprinkle in the black pepper and cayenne pepper. Slowly whisk in the milk till smooth and creamy.
Add the chopped beef and simmer for three to five minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve more than toasted bread, eggs, hash browns, or biscuits.
Useful hints on making Creamed Chipped Beef Recipe
- You can use any dried beef even so Buddig beef operates excellent for this recipe. It is accessible in most grocery merchants and is not very as salty or dry as some of the other manufacturers of dried beef. You will find it with the other prepackaged luncheon meats
- Cook the butter flour mixture (roux) for 2-3 minutes as it helps to cook off the raw flour taste.
- Slowly include your milk and whisk constantly until you have a nice smooth sauce.
- If the sauce gets also thick add less than a quarter of a cup of milk at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt, seasoned salt, fresh ground black pepper, cayenne pepper and even a splash of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Creamed Chipped Beef is ideal served promptly nonetheless it reheats pretty well.
Hopefully my Creamed Chipped Beef will carry back wonderful recollections or make new ones. The weekend is coming. You will have a tiny much more time to make something fantastic for breakfast or lunch!
Other breakfast recipes you will adore!
Creamed Chipped Beef
4.8 from 17 evaluations
Creamed Chipped Beef is the ultimate comfort meal combining dried beef in a smooth cream sauce served over light toasted sourdough or European whole grain.
- Author: Modest Town Lady
- Prep Time: two
- Cook Time: ten
- Complete Time: twelve minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1 x
- Category: primary meal
- Approach: stove prime
- Cuisine: American
- 8 ounce s Buddig original beef (see notes)
- one/4 cup butter
- one/four cup all goal flour
- one/two teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- two pinches ground cayenne pepper
- two cup s milk (see notes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the beef in bite dimension pieces.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium reduced heat. Whisk in the flour. Cook for 2 to three minutes whisking constantly. Sprinkle in black pepper and cayenne pepper. Slowly whisk in the milk till smooth and creamy.
- Include the chopped beef and simmer for three-5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over toasted bread, eggs, hash browns, or biscuits.
- You can use any dried beef or pressed beef. Budding beef can be discovered in the packaged lunch meat section of your regional grocery.
- If the sauce is too thick whisk in 1/4 cup of milk at a time right up until preferred thickness is reached.
Keywords and phrases: chipped beef, creamed beef, creamed meat,