9 tablespoons butter
two tablespoons olive oil
four boneless skinless chicken breasts
two one/four teaspoons salt
1 1/four teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
one large onion, finely chopped
five cloves garlic, minced
one tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
one/2 cup dry white wine
1/three cup all-objective flour
4 cups complete milk, area temperature
1 cup hefty whipping cream, area temperature
1 cup chicken broth
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
twelve ounces linguine
three/4 cup frozen peas
one/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
1 cup grated Parmesan
one/4 cup dried Italian-design breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread one tablespoon of butter above a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish. Melt one tablespoon each and every of butter and oil in a deep huge nonstick frying pan over medium-large heat. Sprinkle the chicken with one/two teaspoon every single of salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the scorching pan and cook until pale golden and just cooked by way of, about four minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate to awesome slightly. Coarsely shred the chicken into bite-size pieces and into a huge bowl.
- Meanwhile, include 1 tablespoon every single of butter and oil to the identical pan. Include the mushrooms and saute above medium-large heat right up until the liquid from the mushrooms evaporates and the mushrooms turn out to be pale golden, about 12 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, and thyme, and saute until finally the onion is translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until it evaporates, about 2 minutes. Transfer the mushroom mixture to the bowl with the chicken.
- Melt three far more tablespoons butter in the identical pan above medium-lower heat. Add the flour and whisk for two minutes. Whisk in the milk, cream, broth, nutmeg, remaining one 3/four teaspoons salt, and remaining 3/four teaspoon pepper. Boost the heat to large. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, till the sauce thickens somewhat, whisking often, about 10 minutes.
- Deliver a large pot of salted water to a boil. Include the linguine and cook till it is tender but even now firm to the bite, stirring sometimes, about 9 minutes. Drain. Add the linguine, sauce, peas, and parsley to the chicken mixture. Toss until the sauce coats the pasta and the mixture is properly blended.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to the prepared baking dish. Stir the cheese and breadcrumbs in a small bowl to mix. Sprinkle the cheese mixture above the pasta. Dot with the remaining three tablespoons of butter. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown on top and the sauce bubbles, about 25 minutes.
My Personal Notes
Straightforward Comfort Meals Recipes
Seeking for Something Else?
Let’s Get Cooking!