Recipe by: Wilemon
- one/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- one/four cup cold water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 pound Bing or other dark, sweet cherries, rinsed and pitted (or use frozen pitted cherries)
- one/two teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- one/4 teaspoon cherry extract
- 1/four cup brandy
- three cups vanilla bean ice cream
- Include all ingredients to checklist
- Add all substances to record
- Whisk with each other the sugar and cornstarch in a wide saucepan. Stir in the water and orange juice deliver to a boil in excess of medium-high heat, whisking until finally thickened. Stir in the cherries and orange zest, return to a boil, then reduce heat, and simmer for ten minutes. While the cherries are cooking, spoon the ice cream into serving bowls.
- Take away the cherries from the heat, and stir in the cherry extract. Pour in the brandy, and ignite with a lengthy lighter. Gently shake the pan until finally the blue flame has extinguished itself. Spoon the cherries above the bowls of ice cream.